Schools can harbor plenty of germs with more being brought in each day by students and staff, making regular cleanings, sanitizing and disinfecting a must. Summer break is over and the school year is back in session so we felt we would share our School Cleaning Check List for this 2017-2018 school year.
A clean and well-maintained school will help keep the facility and students healthy and safe. Along with disinfecting the school grounds and getting rid of germs, a thorough school cleaning can also help prevent allergens from building up and causing irritable side effects. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) explains that regular cleaning and maintenance of your school helps keep the facility healthier for students and teachers alike. Thorough school cleaning services can also help prevent any major issues, such as pest infestations, allergen buildup, and irritant accumulation.
ServiceMaster of Wake County School Cleaning Checklist
- All floors should be swept, vacuumed and mopped depending on their surface materials
- Rugs should not be overlooked
- Stained surfaces should be deep-cleaned using Green, EPA-approved stain removers
- Walls and Windows
- Microfiber cloths should be used with all purpose cleaner or glass cleaner to wash walls and windows.
- Lockers and cubbies should also be cleaned with all purpose cleaner
- Mop bathroom floors, including under sinks, behind doors and behind toilets and urinals
- Wipe down walls, door handles and doors
- Ensure all plumbing and pipes are working correctly
- Clean sinks and mirrors with glass and all purpose cleaner, focusing on faucets and handles
- PE and Athletic Equipment
- Power wash outdoor recreational equipment such as playgrounds
- Wipe down equipment and athletic gear regularly to prevent the spread of germs
- Outside and Exterior
- Power wash dirty structures including signs and sidewalks
- Ensure all light fixture (indoor and outdoor) have functioning bulbs
- Remove covers from fixtures to clean out debris and dust
- Dining Facilities
- Wipe down all tables and chairs with disinfectant and all purpose cleaner
We suggest hiring a professional cleaning service to take care of your school, so contact the experts at ServiceMaster of Wake County today. We’ll work with you to create your own comprehensive cleaning schedule to fit your staff students and faculty’s needs.